Our investment banking professionals are recognized leaders in the world of financial restructuring.
The Global M&A Network named Carl Marks Advisors the Restructuring Bank of the Year in both 2013 and 2014. The Deal consistently ranks the partners of Carl Marks Advisors among the top 5 bankruptcy investment bankers.
More than any other arena of investment banking, you need experience and skill to expertly execute transactions under distressed circumstances. This is why clients come to us when they require the best advice.
We diagnose, design, and negotiate optimal balance sheet solutions to enable enterprises to maximize value in the long term.
- Rescue Financing
- Credit Agreement Amendments or Extensions
- Consensual Balance Sheet Restructuring
- Pre-Packaged or Pre-Negotiated Plans of Reorganization
We know how to position a company and uncover value where it may not be apparent to maximize value in a distressed context
- Valuing Companies and Securities
- Negotiating with Creditors and Stakeholders
- Developing and Structuring Capital Structures Post-Chapter 11
- Raising Capital to Support Exit From Chapter 11
- Boardroom Advice to Support Decision Making
- Development and Negotiation of Management Incentive Plans
We are experts in asset and company sales, and change of control situations.
- Out of Court Asset Sales and Purchase
- Section 363 Sales
- Sale Pursuant to a Plan of Reorganization
- Article 9 Sales
- “Loan-to-own” Purchase of Securities
Special Situation Financing
We have deep experience in providing capital market solutions for any situation, including financing and exiting an insolvency process.
- DIP Financings
- Exit Financings
- Backstop/Rights offerings
Courts nationwide have recognized Carl Marks Advisors’ senior professionals as experts in their fields, providing evidence that supports necessary motions, relief, and fact testimony. We are thoughtful and detailed in our preparation to serve our clients, while maintaining a superior level of credibility.
- Enterprise Valuation
- Auction and Bid Procedures
- Best Interests
- DIP Financing
- 1111(b) Notes
- Interest Rates